Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Monday 5 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 5

Good evening, Day 5 of my Frugal Journey already!

Today's idea is for a scrapbook layout but could easily be adapted to a journal page or a card. My starting point was this fun photo of our elder daughter. I knew I had some animal print from a 6x6 paper pad I had been hoarding which would work with her dress, Little Black Dress by Basic Grey. Problem was I only had one sheet of it, what to do?

I cut a 2"x 6" strip of each of the other papers I had remaining in the collection plus 2 pieces that size of the paper I wanted to be most dominant, then cut each strip into two 2" x 1" and two 1" x 1" pieces. I rounded two opposite corners on each piece with a corner rounder to make them more interesting and laid them out on a cream background in a regular pattern.

I used this as my background, layering my lace, ribbon, vellum and cardstock circles and rings, stamped embellishments, glittered letters and tags and frames over it, each time adding a little stamping to help blend the background and base together.

This was a really economical layout to make needing hardly any patterned paper, a good way to use up the most precious of the papers you have been admiring rather than using lol! Simply changing the papers can really change the feel of this layout idea too...

..... really zingy paper leftovers from BoBunny balanced by a black and white photograph this time.

Hope you found this idea useful and, if you do make a project using it, then I would love it if you would share it with a link to it in the comments below.

Thank you for joining me on my Frugal Journey.

Same time same place tomorrow, using some die cuts from even the smallest of scraps.

Hope to see you then x

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Great pages Val, the key is using same sets of co-ordinated papers is it? Your scrapbook papers are both gorgeous sets.

    Not sure i have the patience for this technique but i can see it being very useful when you are short on the perfect paper for your project.

    Thanks for sharing, love to see new techniques to me. Looking forward to more frugal crafting tips tomorrow:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Mo. Lots of variety coming up this week frm simple cards to my kind of stamping heaven. See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one - when I saw it in my reading list I thought the BBC testcard had come back, it really reminded me of that picture! what a great way to get a full card out of a small bit of leftover paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Helen..Hadn't thought of that but now you mention it lol!

    ReplyDelete