Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 28

Hello and welcome back. Yesterday I shared the covers of my Junk Journal and today I'd like to let you have a peek inside.

My pages are not all the same size and only around six of them are as sturdy as the covers. I chose to do this so I could cut and peel back the surface of the corrugated card for added texture.

You will have gathered I am a huge fan of JOFYJO stamps designed by Jo Firth-Young for PaperArtsy, the are just so versatile!

 

Simple shapes work just as well.

I have added some layers and pockets and tags to some of my pages, all just from leftover paper, stickers and packaging, a few stamps and a bit of stencilling.

 

 

These have been interspersed with pieces of product packaging - I always think Prima packaging in particular is so beautiful it needs to be recycled in the studio rather than the recycling bin lol!

Some pages have some texture paste words from a favourite Wendy Vecchi stencil, and are still awaiting decoration, photos and journaling.

 


My favourite Scribbly Birds stamps from Dina Wakeley had to feature too, each on square pages made from packaging plus some Dylusions stencilling with ink and Crafters Workshop stencils with texture paste which I applied over wet ink so it would steep up through the paste.

 

 

My Junk Journal is by no means finished, it needs some more ink and paint, and of course the photographs from the 1940s and 1950s I have in mind for it, including one of my Uncle's first car and my Grandfather's workshop.

That's all for today, I hope to see you back here tomorrow, same time, same place for frugal idea #29!

PS If you are looking for the February Workshop Schedule then please just scroll down a little x

 

8 comments:

  1. Think this is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Gabrielle. The only thing I bought for it was some Kraft index dividers

      Delete
  2. Fabulous pages, Val!! Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, Junk Journals are my latest addiction but at least all the bits come free lol!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is fantastic Val! You've used lots of my favourite stamps here but I find the whole journal fascinating.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that because you simply use what you have to hand each one is unique, and there is my addiction to mini books........xx

      Delete
  4. WOW Val awesome pages and i am with you about JOFY's stamp designs, they always make me smile. Great post today:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I loved making this and it is so lovely when others like it too xx

      Delete