Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Friday 23 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 23

Hello again, do you remember the inside front cover of my altered book.

Here's how I made my first journal page in it.

I had already added some torn bits of book page to cover the rather heavy title type and a coat of gesso to knock it back a bit. I then added some texture paste into which I scored some vertical lines with a piece of card.

When this had dried I chose three colours of Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze, Ginger Peach, Carmen and Pomegranate. I used a coffee stick to draw a line of paint horizontally across both pages, then drew the stick through the line vertically to encourage the Silks to move as I added a few spritz of water and tilted the book.

Each colour was added separately and dried in between each layer.

I mopped around a bit with a baby wipe to get some weak colour on the empty bits of the page,

and stamped some patches of background stamps on top.

Whilst this dried I printed out a quote I stumbled across recently - "Art is your personal diary, where you may colour your thoughts and emotions on a page" - I have no idea where it is from but it fits perfectly with why I journal.

I chopped up the words, mounted them on black cardstock and positioned them on the page. I also added a stamped title, again layered on black cardstock and a few black and white inky splatters finished the page off... or not, I'm not sure!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you gained some inspiration from my page, more to follow another day, when I hope you will join me again xx

 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic background, Val -I always love making a drippy painty mess!! the quote works really well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I just wish I could have captured the depth of the lustre these medium give but good colours anyway xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous pages Val the colours look amazing, the sentiment is awesome and suits your style. Fab tips, see you later:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mo, brave new colours for me but the end result may have converted me, just may! Xx

    ReplyDelete