Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Tuesday 13 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 13

Hello again. Today I have a project for you which I made some time ago but is one of my favourites, and was a very popular workshop project too. I love Dylusions stamps with all the interesting elements that can be endlessly mixed and matched to suit your project. Great fun!

The base for these is a paper mâché hanging which I painted black. I cut a piece of white card just smaller than the hanging, tore up leftover scraps of paper which I randomly glued to the white card covering with a couple of thin coats of gesso both to knock back the pattern on the papers, and to stop my ink runs from soaking too quickly into the background.

When the gesso dried I stamped the background with various Kaisercraft Texture stamps in Versafine Vintage Sepia then allowed some black and brown Dylusions ink sprays to run down the background. I also added splatters in the same black and brown, with a little white too.

I added a few extra ink runs on the second background then glued both backgrounds to the hangings. Not sure which one I prefer.

I stamped the full Dylusions figures, which were constructed from elements from various Dylusions stamp sets, onto white card to provide a sturdy base, then stamped the elements individually onto a selection of patterned paper. These papers were from Basic Grey Little Black Dress and Teresa Collins Vintage Finds. After cutting them out I glued the pieces onto each figure then cut the finished figure out and used foam pads to position it on the hanging.

All that was left was to add a greeting to each and these fab black arrow paper clips which I found in IKEA.

There was quite a bit of fussy cutting with these but with the radio on the time just flew, and I loved the finished characters! Hope they inspired you too.

Same time, same place tomorrow when I will have some distressed backgrounds to share. Hope to see you then x

 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh favourite post so far Val, am loving the Dylusions ladies so much. Thank you for explaining how you created such stunning plaques.

    Until tomorrow evening :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mo. I love these characters and one of them I made with one of our daughters in mind. That's all I'm saying lol!

    ReplyDelete